Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Hong Kong Standard...

Recently, when I attended the Atomic Cup Finals in Hong Kong I got to experience a whole new world. The place is amazing, with towering buildings, incredible sights and really friendly people. The trip was truly awe inspiring, probably the best trip I have ever been on.

Of the many experiences that Atomic treated us international drivers to was the race. Even though our results were not as high as what we usually perform at, the knowledge we gained was incredible. It being our very first time on carpet, we honestly did not expect to win, but at least we wanted to learn from it.

The AWD cars the Hong Kong guys drive were ridiculous. They were the closest I have ever seen a Mini-Z perform in relationship to 1/10th scale cars. Carpet is really conducive to this platform as the grip is more consistent and there isn't tile joints to upset the car and make it flip over in corners. They were truly a sight to see.

After the race was over, I approached the local guys from Hong Kong, who happened to TQ the AWD class and asked him for some set-up pointers. Come to find out, I was not too far off, but the little details he pointed out to me, really made the car better. He showed me how to set-up the front end so that it is more forgiving and more SAS like. He adjusted the droop in the front and the rear to more ideal settings and all of the sudden my car came alive!

Below I leave you with some pictures. Expect an article soon with more explicit details... -CT





No comments: